kissed by a deer


lay me down in the rain speckled grass
arms spread wide
legs spread wider
eyes following the pines to the overcast sky

every pore 
tingling

every cell
spasming

the smell of moth-eaten particles and pollen
spritzing through my nostrils
my lungs permeating with grizzled smoke
filling my veins with spores, semen, and sap

every dew drip
low bird call
snap of a twig
a symphony, a lullaby

microorganisms, minerals, soil, roots
reach up to pull me under
we fertilize one another
wolfish secret lovers
She and I

a deer wanders by
and eats grass out of my mouth
kissing me thoroughly as she does
I kiss her back with a sloppy french kiss
transmitting communion 
between core and sky

Popular posts from this blog

No Lifeguard on Duty

The Grim Reaper Gets Organized

first a bleed